Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Where Have You Been?
















My bff came up on Friday to see my little hobbit house, and then I spent a few days at her house. She lives two hours away, so this was quite an occasion and had been planned over a month in advance. There was lots of scouting out of discount stores and thrift shops, lovely dinners with family, and basic slouching in every way. Btw, I discovered a lovely beer called "Honey Brown". Also, I'll be doing a post on my favorite thrift shop located down by her, called "Plato's Closet", so look for that in the next few days.
As you can see by these photos, my bff has quite an eye for decor. She's a wiz at finding things and repairing them. Her home has a lot of history to it, so when you are there, you are reminded of colonial times. She also has a fiesta ware collection that is without equal, and ties in nicely with everything else for some weird reason.
I was spoiled beyond limits while I was there, and had a fabulous time.

14 comments:

SkylersDad said...

Great pictures, and I love the dog!

drollgirl said...

lucky you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that sounds so fab, especially the beer part. and the dog. i am a tad jealous!

miriam said...

can't wait for that thrift post!
hope you're well. paris is lovely. so lovely i wouldn't mind staying here for another month. bises de paris.

Isabel said...

Haha, Plato's Closet is such a cool name for a thrift store! I wonder what his actualy closet would've looked like.

diane said...

SkylersDad: There are actually two dogs, the "big face" shot is a brindle boxer puppy, the other one is !/2 pit bull-1/2 chocolate lab.

Drollgirl: Yeah, it was pretty fab.

Miriam: I really miss your posts. I'm glad you're having a nice time in Paris.

Isabel: I bet the real Plato's closet was a far cry from this place. I'll be posting that in the next couple of days.

Miss Yvonne said...

I love the corner cabinet with the torquoise paint!

Joanna Jenkins said...

Beautiful!!!! i especially like the Tiffany Blue in the corner cabinet. And the dog is pretty great too :-)

Girl Interrupted said...

Awww! The dog's are great!!

Glad you had a nice time and got spoilt ... you deserve it :) Lovely to have you back xx

Green-Eyed Momster said...

I love that house soooo much!! The rock work is to dye for!! Get it?

Looks like you're very lucky to have had time to slouch and drink Honey beer with your Bff!!

Glad you're back!!

Hugs!!

cait said...

Some very cool things. Love the dog.

Thank so much for the note. I really appreciate it. Looks you are having a pretty good week.

Anonymous said...

Cool pics!Xo

Dominica said...

Great to see you back !
I adore your BFF already ! She really has an eye for detail...
And i DO have a cold - really bad one this time ...one of my friends called me last Friday with a bad voice and troat ; so it looks like I got it through the telephone...:-//
I don't know...I feel really bad ; should have gone to the coast but I'll just try to get better and cough my head off first !

mo.stoneskin said...

I love discovering a new beer. And then buying more of it...

Love the dog too.

Unknown said...

Love the pics!!!!! Welcome back!!