Friday, October 8, 2010

From the Cuff, Vintage Jewelry. Crypt Keeper & Red Leaves







I went for a walk in the sun today, and saw just a little patch of red leaves. So the color show is just around the corner.
I did my best to look presentable, changing from the sweats I've been living in for the past 3 days (I've been ill, remember?), into the look pictured here. You can ask, it's o.k., why did I choose to dress like my grandmother? It wasn't intentional, I swear. This is the kind of fashion faux pas that happens when you really shouldn't be leaving the house. Lesson learned. What the h*ll was I thinking? I look like that girl from Fame, with the beret. You know the one, she couldn't sing but her mother was filming her and crying. argghhh. And what is that I'm doing with my lip? It's like some crypt keeper impersonation of Clint Eastwood.
Since I'm obviously still a little out of it from being sick, I decided to go back into the house and try some vintage jewelry shots. They came out nice I think. I'll know better tomorrow.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I don't agree with the Crypt Keeper lol I think the beret is cute..the jewelry shots did come out great!

Anonymous said...

ooh thank you! how sweet :)

diane said...

MM, Thank you, that's a big helping of support.

MAUD, You're welcome, I'm sorry there weren't more red leaves to photograph for you.

Dominica said...

the green and coral chains = love 'em and the brooch = very Mad Men style !! J'adore !!

diane said...

Domi, the jade chain was given to me by my MIL, and the coral beads were passed on to me from my mother. The "brooch" is actually a huge earring.
I really love vintage jewelry, but I'm finding that it can only be worn in small doses or else it looks too costumey.