Monday, April 27, 2009

Tip #1, Start Over


If you click on the link for Choo's Box, on my inspiration list, and look at her post for April 27th, you will see a list of dressing tips modeled by models that I guess I should know the names of, but I don't. Tip #1- Wear an oversized biker jacket with a body con. dress.. The model in the picture is wearing a jacket very similar to the one I'm wearing in this photo of me (taken in the early 90's). But somehow I got the look completely wrong. Is it because my hair color was blending into the background, causing me to look like Zippy the pinhead? Or maybe it was the thigh high's, complete with dotted lines just in case you feel like driving toy cars on them. It could not possibly have been the fact that the jacket was oversized, was it? A trivia note: This photo was taken at Rabbit Run, in New Hope, which is one and the same that Alfred Hitchcock wrote a short story about. Hmmmmm, maybe this outfit was doomed from the start.

On a side note:

JFK Jean: I can't believe you nailed, not only the decade, but the exact year of that shirt! Very impressive.

Jasmina: Cute hubby has been known to look a lot like Jesus. I may have to do a post on that, with pictures.

11 comments:

Baybay Mama said...

I think I like your outfit it is very Kim Gordon 90's with her brand rrrriot girl (I think that was the name). I am so looking for that perfect biker jacket.

Baybay Mama said...

oh no, I think kim gorden's brand was named ultra girl...

said...

You are very very seriously decking the decksters because no matter what you wear, your confidence is the right accessory!

You proochot, you!

Dominica said...

LOL The hair is funny, a bit too dark for you I guess and the bicker jacket...just a couple sizes too big ...mmm
from the skirt down it looks kinda sexy...I guess cute hubby wasn't complaining, I can imagine...
many men would see this as a fantasy outfit for their woman !
I must admit : you have GREAT legs !!

Jack Daniel said...

I think the hair is quite fabulous. Haha

Vic said...

I was right before - you have amazing legs.

I'm completely jealous. I have Shetland pony legs.

(Thanks for sending me over to Miriam - it's a cool blog too!)

miriam said...

i love the over-the-knee socks - quite similar to the ones i'm wearing here http://blog.bjornborg.com/2009/03/29/twins (but without the dot-to-dots), : )

diane said...

Dooder City: That is so completely flattering (what do you want?)

Lulu: Proochot? I was just getting used to deck.

Dominica: Thanks, it's all of the running I do. Your blog has been on FIRE lately. I can hardly keep up.

JD: Thank you dahhhlink.

Vic: Stop painting bad pictures of yourself. I've seen photos of you, and you look healthy and beautiful.

Miriam: So, what are we saying here? Those are knee socks worn by a seven year old.

miriam said...

actually by a 3 year old - so you were def fashionable :)

diane said...

Miriam: You come from large stock.

Frances Davison said...

i love this photo! aha, the jacket is amazing x