Tuesday, August 18, 2009
I Don't Get No Respect, None at All
Another award? (blushing)
Thank you Trishiekoh, for giving me the Honest Scrap award.
The idea is to tell 10 unknown things about yourself, which is no easy task, as my life is already an open book. But here we go:
1. I'm a closet Rodney Dangerfield fan. My favorite quote is: "My wife said she needed more space, so I locked her out of the house".
2. I've been self conscious of my feet ever since my son told me I needed a pedicure the day he brought home a hollywood wannabe. He has since moved on to a wonderful girl of substance, and I trim, exfoliate, & polish religiously.
3. I keep meaning to leave a will for my kids, but I never get around to it. I'm afraid the government will take the house from them if I don't.
4. I have guilt over every pet I've ever owned, for not being good enough for them. As a result of this, I don't think I'll ever have another one.
5. I love the feeling of cool air against my skin. It always feels like diving into a pool, at least that's what comes to mind almost every time I have that sensation.
6. I miss my parents every minute of every day. One thing that keeps me from being afraid of death is the thought of going where ever they are, even if it's non-existence.
7. I have been trying really hard to do random acts of kindness. And to really look into people's eyes when I talk to them, especially if they're elderly. This is the hardest thing to do with telephone solicitors, handling them with kindness. Well, you can't really look into their eyes either.
8. When Cute Hubby kisses me on my neck, I feel like I'm 20.
9. I used to attach mental strings to things when I was a little girl. Then I would keep track of how many things passed through the string until I lost track. I got to be really good at it, and continued to do it up into my young adulthood. When I realized that it was probably some kind of mental disorder, I worked very hard to stop doing it. I've been string-free for over 20 years now.
10. I have a fear of latex balloons. I've had it as long as I can remember. I'm o.k. with the mylar ones. It's even on my job application, so they know I can't be requested to blow them up (we blow up balloons sometimes for the customers).
I think this list makes me look like some kind of a wacko, but it's hard to come up with 10 things you don't already know about me. So there you have it.
Now I would like to pass this award onto jadedj of Banquet of Consequences Too, who's blog has the dry wit of a car stalling out on the freeway. Please be sure to give it a read.
Crickets. . . .hey, where did everybody go?