Sunday, October 3, 2010

Some Mexican Inspired Restaurant That is East of Tamaqua, Not North






Sisters Cantina sits on the highway at the east end of Tamaqua. If you blink, you miss it. But don't be fooled by the exterior, inside is the best salsa I've ever had (their recipe is heavily guarded).
On this occasion I had garlic-honey wings, a seafood enchilada, a shredded beef enchilada, and a glass of beer. Hubby had his mandatory burger with mushrooms and fried onions.
The cheese sauce on the seafood enchilada was too much, nearly eclipsing the flavor. The shredded beef enchilada was better, a bit dry with a robust tomato flavor. Hubby said that the garlic-honey wings were lacking in flavor, but I found the sauce to be delicate, creamy, and just plain delicious. I wiped the plate with my finger to get all of it.
Sisters is reputed to have the cutest waitresses in town, and ours was no exception. She was a cheery blond who smiled at our every request and didn't miss a beat.
Two snaps up.

This post has been edited, slightly, so as not to offend any readers without directional guidance systems in their cars.
The rest of the post is left in the original form. Except the title, which has been changed to keep pesky Sisters fanatics from leaving me messages without being brave enough to use their real names.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Sisters" is EAST of Tamaqua (on route 209), going towards Lansford.

diane said...

Anonymous (really brave there oh nameless one): I stand corrected.

Stephanie said...

Great...now I want Mexican:)