Thursday, November 4, 2010

Tripping on Barbed Wire- song written by me


I'm tripping on barbed wire when I'm with you.
I want to be happy, but you make me blue.
You promised it all, but you never came through.
I'm tripping on barbed wire when I'm with you.

The roof is still leaking,
The fence needs repair.
We never have money,
I cut my own hair.
You're blowing out answers,
I'm breathing thin air.
My defenses are up now,
You better beware.

Can't get two words out,
We don't talk anymore.
And I'm sure tired of hearing
your life's such a bore.
We used to make love,
Now we just sleep and snore.
And the barbed wire's so thick
I can't dance anymore.

So listen up honey,
As you know you should.
Don't need fences of wire,
or fences of wood.
We need bridges of stone man,
and we need them fast.
Before it's too late and our chances have passed.

'Cause I'm tripping on barbed wire when I'm with you.
I want to be happy, but you make me blue.
You promised it all, but you never came through.
Guess I'll spend all my days tripping wire with you.

I wrote this song a few years ago. Cute hubby and I have a great relationship, btw. He hates this song. I was thinking of selling it, maybe to a country singer, but I haven't a clue how to go about it.

7 comments:

Joey Lynn Resciniti said...

I think it would sound great as a country song. Can't imagine why the husband dislikes it?


I love the superman graphic.

Faith said...

I like it !
check out my giveaway only takes a second to comment and follow and you could win!
http://fashioncurved.blogspot.com/2010/10/giveaway-timeee.html

Anonymous said...

Great lyrics! I think that a good country singer would have a hit with the song. Good luck finding one to record it. Glad to hear that the song does not reflect your love life.
Best to you,

drollgirl said...

super! i am wondering who would sing it best! and i sure wish i knew how to put you in touch with the right people!

Luna Tiger said...

Great ! I didn't know you write songs, you should record that and play it on your blog, so we could listen !
http://selenite.weebly.com/

texlahoma said...

I think it's good, for real.

Joanna Jenkins said...

VERY good!
xo jj