Keep in mind that most of these people were teenagers, not experienced/trained adults.
• Eric Harris age 17 (first on
Zoloft then Luvox) and Dylan Klebold aged 18 (Columbine school shooting
in Littleton, Colorado), killed 12 students and 1 teacher, and wounded
23 others, before killing themselves. Klebold's medical records have
never been made available to the public.
• Jeff Weise, age 16,
had been prescribed 60 mg/day of Prozac (three times the average
starting dose for adults!) when he shot his grandfather, his
grandfather's girlfriend and many fellow students at Red Lake,
Minnesota. He then shot himself. 10 dead, 12 wounded.
Baadsgaard, age 16, Wahluke (Washington state) High School, was on Paxil
(which caused him to have hallucinations) when he took a rifle to his
high school and held 23 classmates hostage. He has no memory of the
• Chris Fetters, age 13, killed his favorite aunt while taking Prozac.
• Christopher Pittman, age 12, murdered both his grandparents while taking Zoloft.
• Mathew Miller, age 13, hung himself in his bedroom closet after taking Zoloft for 6 days.
• Kip Kinkel, age 15, (on Prozac and Ritalin) shot his parents while
they slept then went to school and opened fire killing 2 classmates and
injuring 22 shortly after beginning Prozac treatment.
• Luke Woodham, age 16 (Prozac) killed his mother and then killed two students, wounding six others.
• A boy in Pocatello, ID (Zoloft) in 1998 had a Zoloft-induced seizure that caused an armed stand off at his school.
• Michael Carneal (Ritalin), age 14, opened fire on students at a high
school prayer meeting in West Paducah, Kentucky. Three teenagers were
killed, five others were wounded..
• A young man in Huntsville,
Alabama (Ritalin) went psychotic chopping up his parents with an ax and
also killing one sibling and almost murdering another.
Andrew Golden, age 11, (Ritalin) and Mitchell Johnson, aged 14,
(Ritalin) shot 15 people, killing four students, one teacher, and
wounding 10 others.
• TJ Solomon, age 15, (Ritalin) high school student in Conyers, Georgia opened fire on and wounded six of his class mates.
• Rod Mathews, age 14, (Ritalin) beat a classmate to death with a bat.
• James Wilson, age 19, (various psychiatric drugs) from Breenwood,
South Carolina, took a .22 caliber revolver into an elementary school
killing two young girls, and wounding seven other children and two
• Elizabeth Bush, age 13, (Paxil) was responsible for a school shooting in Pennsylvania
• Jason Hoffman (Effexor and Celexa) – school shooting in El Cajon, California
• Jarred Viktor, age 15, (Paxil), after five days on Paxil he stabbed his grandmother 61 times.
• Chris Shanahan, age 15 (Paxil) in Rigby, ID who out of the blue killed a woman.
• Jeff Franklin (Prozac and Ritalin), Huntsville, AL, killed his
parents as they came home from work using a sledge hammer, hatchet,
butcher knife and mechanic's file, then attacked his younger brothers
• Neal Furrow (Prozac) in LA Jewish school shooting
reported to have been court-ordered to be on Prozac along with several
• Kevin Rider, age 14, was withdrawing from
Prozac when he died from a gunshot wound to his head. Initially it was
ruled a suicide, but two years later, the investigation into his death
was opened as a possible homicide. The prime suspect, also age 14, had
been taking Zoloft and other SSRI antidepressants.
• Alex Kim, age 13, hung himself shortly after his Lexapro prescription had been doubled.
• Diane Routhier was prescribed Welbutrin for gallstone problems. Six
days later, after suffering many adverse effects of the drug, she shot
• Billy Willkomm, an accomplished wrestler and a
University of Florida student, was prescribed Prozac at the age of 17.
His family found him dead of suicide – hanging from a tall ladder at the
family's Gulf Shore Boulevard home in July 2002.
• Kara Jaye
Anne Fuller-Otter, age 12, was on Paxil when she hung herself from a
hook in her closet. Kara's parents said ".... the damn doctor wouldn't
take her off it and I asked him to when we went in on the second visit. I
told him I thought she was having some sort of reaction to Paxil...")
• Gareth Christian, Vancouver, age 18, was on Paxil when he committed
suicide in 2002, (Gareth's father could not accept his son's death and
• Julie Woodward, age 17, was on Zoloft when she hung herself in her family's detached garage.
• Matthew Miller was 13 when he saw a psychiatrist because he was
having difficulty at school. The psychiatrist gave him samples of
Zoloft. Seven days later his mother found him dead, hanging by a belt
from a laundry hook in his closet.
• Kurt Danysh, age 18, and
on Prozac, killed his father with a shotgun. He is now behind prison
bars, and writes letters, trying to warn the world that SSRI drugs can
• Woody __, age 37, committed suicide while in his 5th
week of taking Zoloft. Shortly before his death his physician suggested
doubling the dose of the drug. He had seen his physician only for
insomnia. He had never been depressed, nor did he have any history of
any mental illness symptoms.
• A boy from Houston, age 10, shot and killed his father after his Prozac dosage was increased.
• Hammad Memon, age 15, shot and killed a fellow middle school student.
He had been diagnosed with ADHD and depression and was taking Zoloft
and "other drugs for the conditions."
• Matti Saari, a
22-year-old culinary student, shot and killed 9 students and a teacher,
and wounded another student, before killing himself. Saari was taking an
SSRI and a benzodiazapine.
• Steven Kazmierczak, age 27, shot
and killed five people and wounded 21 others before killing himself in a
Northern Illinois University auditorium. According to his girlfriend,
he had recently been taking Prozac, Xanax and Ambien. Toxicology results
showed that he still had trace amounts of Xanax in his system.
• Finnish gunman Pekka-Eric Auvinen, age 18, had been taking
antidepressants before he killed eight people and wounded a dozen more
at Jokela High School – then he committed suicide.
• Asa Coon from Cleveland, age 14, shot and wounded four before taking his own life. Court records show Coon was on Trazodone.
• Jon Romano, age 16, on medication for depression, fired a shotgun at a teacher in his New York high school.
Missing from list... 3 of 4 known to have taken these same meds....
• What drugs was Jared Lee Loughner on, age 21...... killed 6 people and injuring 14 others in Tuscon, Az?
• What drugs was James Eagan Holmes on, age 24..... killed 12 people and injuring 59 others in Aurora Colorado?
• What drugs was Jacob Tyler Roberts on, age 22, killed 2 injured 1, Clackamas Or?
• What drugs was Adam Peter Lanza on, age 20, Killed 26 and wounded 2 in Newtown Ct?