Thursday, February 11, 2010

Ice Sculpt. The Ghost and Mrs. Muir.

The worst of the worst is over, the sun is shining, and the sky is blue. Now come's the big thaw, hopefully.

Did I ever show you this painting that hangs over my stove? No, not the icicles.....look down. I love to look at it while I'm cooking. It's just a simple painting, by JV Sinclair 1968, whoever that is. I don't know why I loved it when I saw it at the flea market years ago. It was a few bucks, not much. Then one day when I was watching the old movie The Ghost and Mrs. Muir, my jaw dropped. I paused the movie. I looked from the movie to the painting and back to the movie. Well, no wonder I love this painting so much. It's the view from Gull Cottage.

2 comments:

furiousBall said...

i like that painting a lot. that would make an excellent meme/daily feature, pictures of your pictures :)

Joanna Jenkins said...

Glad you are surviving the winter weather. Ugh.

Love the picture over your stove-- The colors are so inviting. It's amazing you figured out where it's actually from! That's cool.

xo